Day 27, February 1st.
- Valentine’s Day, one of my favorite holidays. I love the explosion of red and pink everywhere, the mushy cards decorated with celebratory hearts and flowers
- Shortest month of the year
- My husband and I have a date! We’ve planned a much-needed date night at the Cracked Pepper next week. Their bread pudding is divine.
- The Oscars. I love watching them every year. However, I am disappointed that Ryan Gosling isn’t nominated.
- Last but not least…drum roll please…I’m Student of the Month at Blue Moon Yoga!
The Blue Moon staff picks a student to spotlight every month. As you walk into the yoga room, they have a board displaying the chosen student’s testimonial and picture.
I was told that I was chosen a couple of weeks and was thrilled. I don’t know if I’ve ever been named student of month anywhere before! I was also included in the newsletter with a blurb about my perseverance and positivity. Aw, shucks. They know how to make a girl feel special!
Lately I’ve been feeling run down by the challenge and everything that comes along with it. Receiving the student of the month recognition has given me the boost of encouragement that I needed. Thanks for the love, Blue Moon!
In a topic completely unrelated to yoga:
We’re finally watching Drive tonight. I’ve been waiting impatiently for months to see this. I assume that I’ll be hiding underneath a blanket for most of the film to have my own personal swoonfest. Although he’s aware of my affection for ol’ Gosling, I don’t want to embarrass myself in front of the husband.